1. Apply pressed powder. Use a powder brush to cover your face in powder so that you get a nice matte finish.
2. Apply blusher. The 1960s look was all about peach cheeks, so brush a peach-colored powder blush over the apples of your cheeks. The best way to do this is to smile and brush it over the round, raised parts of your cheeks. Make sure to blend it in thoroughly so you do not just have round spots of color on your cheeks; you don’t want to look like a porcelain doll!
3. Apply eye shadow. Collect a generous amount of a pearly white eye shadow on an eye shadow brush. Sweep it across your lid and up to your eyebrow.
4. Brush a baby blue eye shadow onto your lids. Keep it only on the lids, though, with this color; do not cover the skin all the way up to the brows.
5. Eyeliner! The best type of eyeliner to use to get that 1960s look is a black cream liner, applied with a brush. Dip a small eyeliner brush into the pot of cream liner. The brush should be thoroughly covered so you can create a thick line. Draw a line along your top lash line. Do not make a tail going out at the end, though. To get the 60s look, just make the line thicker at the end, towards the outer edge of the eye.
6. Long, dramatic eyelashes are a signature make-up detail of the ‘60s. If you don’t want to put on fake lashes, use an eyelash curler. To make your lashes curl really well, direct a blow dryer at a metal curler on high heat. This will make the eyelash curler act like a curling iron and your lashes will come out thoroughly curled.
7. Apply black mascara to your top and bottom lashes. Apply a thick coat and make sure to get it into the roots so you get the maximum amount of volume and length.
8. Fill in your eyebrows. Use a powder brow corrector that is one shade lighter than your eyebrows. Make your brows nice and thick, accentuate the arch, and extend them a little bit on the ends if your brows are somewhat short.
9. Lip color. First use a light pink or nude lip liner to trace your lips around the natural edges of your lips. Then, use a pale pink lip gloss or lipstick to fill in your lips.